The foundation of our education experience is strengthened by implementing the following curriculums: The Creative Curriculum and Assessment, The Kindness Curriculum, as well as incorporating knowledge gained from Teaching Strategies Gold Assessments.
Our educational philosophy is based on the following 10 principles:
- Children learn through being actively involved in their own education.
- Children learn through discovery in an enriching environment.
- The teachers act as catalysts to learning by providing activities which allow the children to think and ask questions, promoting problem solving skills.
- Our curriculum encourages both physical and mental development in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Our curriculum covers such areas of learning as language, literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, creative movement, dramatic play, and computers.
- The children learn how to deal with their feelings and frustrations in safe and appropriate ways.
- Activities are structured for individuals as well as groups.
- Each child is included and becomes a contributing member of the group.
- We encourage diversity and accept any preschool age child regardless of race, gender, or religious background.
- The school and the parents are partners in their children's education.